EVENT: Be the person you were born to be: Homosexuality, religion and coming out

university-of-birmingham-original

EVENT: Be the person you were born to be: Homosexuality, religion and coming out

Join me (Matt) at the University of Birmingham on Wednesday 28th February 2018 (18:30-20:00).
I’ll be presenting a short film produced by our Foundation, and now shown to schools around the country, called" The Search For Sunrise".

It will be followed by a Q&A and panel discussion with myself, representatives from Stonewall and the local LGBTQI+ community, Hidayah, University Chaplaincy, a young adult psychiatrist and others.

The event is free but by ticket only:
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/events/lgbt-history-month/2018/Be-the-person-you-were-born-to-be-Homosexuality-religion-and-coming-out.aspx

A huge heartfelt thank you to everyone who braved the sub-zero weather on Wednesday night and attended the event at University of Birmingham Medical School :heart:

Special thanks to Sammy Li, Matthew Morgan and Sheena for inviting us and organising everything.

And really big thank you to all of the fabulous panelists, and Hidayah LGBTQI+, who spoke so graciously and provided such wisdom.